Dear nursery families,
What a difference the sunshine makes! We have had a wonderful week at nursery and have definitely made the most of playing outside at every opportunity. Long may it last!
Highlights from this week:
This week the children have been particularly interested in spending time outdoors:
- Children have been investigating in the secret garden and nursery garden, using magnifying glasses and insect fact books to take a closer look at the creatures that hide under the ground and under logs and stones.
- The children are noticing and talking about the changes to the plants and trees and have sown some seeds of their own in clear plastic bags, so they will be able to watch them grow before potting them to bring home.
- They have really enjoyed having afternoon snack ‘al fresco’, making the most of the sunny weather.
- Loose parts have been really popular this week, with one team of budding builders working together to create a house.
- Our little chefs have had the opportunity to make butterfly cakes and cheese scones.
Snacks next week:
|WEEK||Morning snack||Afternoon snack|
|Monday||Bread sticks and soft cheese||Selection of fresh fruit|
|Tuesday||Toast and a selection of toppings||Selection of fresh fruit|
|Wednesday||Crackers and cheese||Selection of fresh fruit|
|Thursday||Angel delight/jelly/custard||Selection of fresh fruit|
|Friday||Selection of fresh fruit|
Fresh fruit and vegetable sticks are always available with morning snack.
This week has been Science week, through spending lots of time outside the children have been particularly interested in the ‘changes in nature’. We have planted seeds, looked at the life cycle of plants, birds and butterflies through books, puzzles, toys and conversations.
An adjustment has been made on ParentPay to your child’s snack money, to take into account the weeks the nursery was closed. Please continue to make snack payments of 50p per child per day via ParentPay. If you are having any problem with this please speak to a member of staff.
Please continue to be vigilant to keep everyone in our learning community safe. If your child shows any symptoms of being unwell, please do keep them at home. If anyone in the family shows symptoms of Covid-19, please follow the NHS Scotland guidance, which can be found here. Thank you for working with us to keep our school community safe.
Have a lovely weekend!
The Nursery Team