School / nursery will not be open as normal
Following the Scottish Government’s announcement, all schools in Scotland will remain closed until Monday 11th January. However, school buildings will be opened to provide key worker childcare from Tuesday 5th January.
Full details about all of this can be found on the SBC website.
What does this mean for Edenside?
1) Most children will remain ‘on holiday’ until Monday 11th January when remote, home-learning will start. Details about this will follow shortly.
2) Some children will attend the Edenside childcare hub. This is only available to the children of key workers or ‘invited’ children. To request a place, parents / carers MUST complete this booking form by 6pm on Sunday 3rd January. Please check the criteria for key worker carefully.
The Edenside Hub
The Edenside hub will be available from 9am – 3.30pm starting on Tuesday 5th January. These timings may change to include Breakfast Club.
Any children attending the hub should:
- Wear casual clothes (no uniform needed) but should bring a warm, waterproof coat and suitable outdoor shoes.
- Follow the normal arrangements for lunches. But don’t panic about ParentPay; we can sort it on the day.
- Bring a snack and water bottle but nothing else.
- Arrive ‘as normal’ and head to their classrooms via the playground where they will be greeted by their smiling teachers.
We appreciate that these arrangements are a change for everyone (including us). We were so looking forward to welcoming our children back to school and nursery. As ever, we appreciate your ongoing support, patience and understanding. We are confident that Team Edenside and the Kelso community will make this work.
If you have any questions about these arrangements, please just get in touch.