We have had a fantastic week of non stop fun and festive activities.
Christmas highlights of the week:
- We had such fun at our parties this week, lots of dancing, games and a delicious snack.
- Christmas lunch was a huge success, the room was filled with an excited buzz and festive music.
- We watched the pantomine Jack and the Beanstalk, the children enjoyed watching the familiar story unfold on screen and shouting “BOO” and “It’s behind you”.
- In the entrance hall there are two display boards for the children to wish each other a Merry Christmas, the nursery children managed to find spaces to leave messages of their own for all the children and staff at Edenside.
- Our little bakers made gingerbread reindeers which looked fantastic and hopefully tasted good too.
Returning weeks snack starting on Tuesday 5th January:
|Morning snack||Afternoon snack|
|Monday||Breadsticks and soft cheese||Selection of fresh fruit|
|Tuesday||Toast with selection of toppings||Selection of fresh fruit|
|Wednesday||Crackers and cheese||Selection of fresh fruit|
|Thursday||Angel delight/jelly/custard||Selection of fresh fruit|
|Friday||Selection of fresh fruit|
Fresh fruit and vegetable sticks are always available with morning snack.
When we return in January Mrs Mitchell will be on temporary secondment in the school, she will be supporting the children in Primary 1/2 and helping to develop our outdoor play environment. We know she will be missed by the children, parents and staff in nursery but we wish her all the best in her new role.
We would be grateful if you could remember to pay your child’s weekly snack money; this pays for snack twice a day and enables us to buy ingredients for baking. Please make payments via ParentPay as we are currently operating a cashless system. If you have any problems please speak to a member of staff or if you need help to set up your account.
Aware of the rise in Covid cases nationally, we are continuing to be vigilant to keep everyone in our learning community safe. If your child shows any symptoms of being unwell, please do keep them at home. If anyone in the family shows symptoms of Covid-19, please follow the NHS Scotland guidance. Thank you for working with us to keep our school community safe.
Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas and a very happy New Year and we look forward to seeing you in 2021!
The Nursery Team