We have had a fantastic second week back at nursery. The children and staff have thoroughly enjoyed the focus on Tradition Tales for World Book Day; it has captured imaginations and been evident in play in the nursery and outdoors.
Staying vigilant is so important
Ensuring the health and wellbeing of our children, our staff and you as families is our number one priority right now. Please help us by:
1) Following the ‘4 steps for being safe on the school run’;
- Adults must wear a face covering at drop off / pick up.
- Stick to one adult at drop off / pick up.
- Adults keep 2 metres apart.
- Avoid car sharing.
2) Being vigilant about COVID-19 symptoms; self-isolate if required and follow NHS ‘Test and Protect’ advice. Please phone the school to let us know if a member of your household tests positive.
3) Reporting a child’s positive test result immediately either by phoning the school (if during office hours) or using our new ‘positive test’ form.
Highlights from this week:
- We have had a busy construction area where the children have been using different types of construction toys to make structures and models and it has involved great team work.
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears and The Three Little Pigs have been very popular stories with the children. They have been retelling the stories with the help of story stones, small world toys and props.
- The children have been very creative with our new mosaic foam shapes, making individual patterns and one group used all the shapes together like a jigsaw.
- We returned to the secret garden this week and the children really enjoyed exploring, climbing, digging and running.
- Our cooks have had the opportunity to make cakes, biscuits and porridge.
Snacks next week:
|WEEK||Morning snack||Afternoon snack|
|Monday||Crackers and cheese||Selection of fresh fruit|
|Tuesday||Angel delight/jelly/custard||Selection of fresh fruit|
|Wednesday||Waffles||Selection of fresh fruit|
|Thursday||Toast and a selection of toppings||Selection of fresh fruit|
|Friday||Selection of fresh fruit|
Fresh fruit and vegetable sticks are always available with morning snack.
World Book Day
We were so impressed with the children (and their helpers) who made amazingly creative ‘vegetepals’. The children were so excited to share their ‘pals’ with the group and told everyone who they were and how they had been made. Well done everyone.
We hope you have had an opportunity to read your child’s postcard and many thanks to those of you who have already returned them. If you haven’t had the opportunity yet, please bring them in as soon as possible. Your comments are really important to us and the postcards become part of your child’s learning Journey.
Please continue to use ParentPay to make snack payments of 50p per child per day.
Have a lovely weekend!
The Nursery Team