Dear Parents and Carers,
What a fun week we have had in Nursery! You can see some of our learning through play here.
Highlights from our fourth week :
- Reading ‘Follow that Bear if You Dare’ by Claire Freedman inspired our children to go on a bear hunt!
- Making and flying paper kites has been a popular activity in our creative areas this week.
- Every child has had an opportunity to bake in our Nurture room this week, whether it has been biscuits, buns or cheese scones. We follow the children’s interests when deciding what to bake.
- You may have noticed our beautiful wild flowers in the Nurture Room garden. This week children have planted seeds for next year’s wildflowers.
- Our new Car wash has been a big hit with our little learners! Thanks to Kelso Auto Shine for donations to support this play area.
- Our new sandpit is complete and a big hit with the children. Thanks to Forbes Plastics for making a bespoke lid for our new sandpit! We appreciate all that our Community does to support our children’s play.
Snacks next week:
|AM snack||PM snack|
|Monday||Crackers or Oatcakes with cheese||A selection of fresh fruit|
|Tuesday||Waffles with selection of toppings||A selection of fresh fruit|
|Wednesday||Jelly||A selection of fresh fruit|
|Thursday||Toast with a selection of toppings||A selection of fresh fruit|
|Friday||A selection of fresh fruit|
|A selection of fresh fruit is always available during morning snack.|
Our first postcards of this school year are coming home today. Their focus is on how the children are settling in to nursery. Please take the time to read the postcard and follow up on the ways you can support your child’s development in this area at home. Please do write any comments you wish on the postcard in the space provided and return to Nursery next week. These cards are stored in your child’s Learning Journey folder, which we plan to send home for you to see in November.
Thank you for continuing to being vigilant in keeping your children at home if they are ill. As a reminder, if anyone in the family shows symptoms of Covid-19, please follow the NHS Scotland guidance, which can be found here. As per the most recent guidance, children and adults must remain at home for 48 hours after a negative test. Thank you for continuing to work with us to keep our school community safe.
Have a lovely weekend! J
The Nursery Team