Happy Friday everyone. It’s been another busy week, especially for our P7s who enjoyed a jam-packed staycation. Please take a moment to look over the information in this week’s bulletin, especially the ‘dates for your diary’ and ‘class news’.
The last few weeks – dates for your diary
- Wednesday 9th June = Sports ‘day’ for P4C, P45F, P56BB, P6P, P7S, P7W. A photo montage will be shared with families.
- Thursday 10th June = Sports ‘day’ for P1R, P1/2W, P2W, P3F, P5M. A photo montage will be shared with families.
- Tuesday 14th June = ‘Meet my new teacher’ event (afternoon)
- Wednesday 16th June = Nursery ‘graduation’ event. A video will be shared with families.
- Wednesday 23rd June = Last day! Special ice-cream treat for everyone (thanks to the Parent Council!)
P7 special events
- Wednesday 9th June = Kelso High School Headteacher and Pastoral teacher visiting classes (morning)
- Friday 18th June = Visit to Kelso High School for the morning. Details to be confirmed
- Monday 21st June = P7 ‘graduation’. A video will be shared with families.
- Wednesday 23rd June = P7’s last day – placing stone on leaver’s cairn. A video will be shared with families.
This year, whilst we cannot host a traditional whole-school Sports Day, we want to provide a whole-school experience. At the start of next week, every child will be allocated to one of our school ‘houses’ (Roxburgh, Floors, Henderside, Springwood) and will be earning points for their team when completing their individual class challenges. We invite the children to come wearing their ‘house colour’ (a t-shirt, a rosette, a pair of shorts, anything) but we will be making something in school too, ensuring everyone is kitted out.
The house colours are:
- Roxburgh = Yellow
- Floors = Green
- Henderside = Blue
- Springwood = Red
Class arrangements for August
The process of creating the classes for August has been incredibly thorough with a huge amount of time dedicated to it. We are absolutely committed to ‘getting it right for every child’ and believe that this is all the more important in this post-COVID time.
As for your child’s new teacher, this has also been an important process. This year, there are a number of changes that need to planned for:
- We are training two newly qualified teachers (NQTs).
- Miss Douglas is returning from maternity leave (teaching on a Monday and Tuesday).
- Mrs Fleming is reducing her working week to 4 days.
- Miss Swanson is leaving to take up an exciting post in a Midlothian school (nearer to home). A replacement is being recruited right now.
- Mrs Rae, whilst not a teacher, is leaving as classroom assistant (after 20+ years with the school).
Confirmation of your child’s new class and the full school arrangements will be shared at the start of next week. Thank you for patience and understanding.
Parent Council fundraiser
Our amazing Parent Council are organising an end of term fundraiser, following the huge success of the Christmas event; we’ve another 50/50 draw coming your way. Look out for letters in school bags next week, with the prize draw taking place LIVE on the last day of term, Wednesday 23rd June.