What a fantastic week of outdoor play we have had!
Highlights from this week:
- We have had to come up with ways to create shade in the garden to keep ourselves cool. After several failed attempts, the children, with a little assistance, made a den out of one parachute, two A frames and four cable ties. The wind helped to make this an exciting space to play and hide in.
- The water trays have been brought outside and the children have really enjoyed experimenting with different bubble wands and making their own bubble mix.
- On our trips to the secret garden this week, the children have shown a real interest in bugs and mini beasts. They talked about where the bugs live, what they eat and what they feel like. When we returned to nursery we looked out the magnifying glasses and bug books to use in the nursery garden and to take on our next visit to the secret garden.
- The children have been watching how well their sunflowers are growing and have had to remember to keep them watered.
- Our bakers have made cupcakes this week to help celebrate a birthday.
Snacks next week: Fruit and vegetable sticks are always available with morning snack.
|WEEK||Morning snack||Afternoon snack|
|Monday||Rice cakes and a selection of toppings||Selection of fresh fruit|
|Tuesday||Jelly||Selection of fresh fruit|
|Wednesday||Crackers and cheese||Selection of fresh fruit|
|Thursday||Toast and a selection of toppings||Selection of fresh fruit|
|Friday||Selection of fresh fruit|
When the sun is shining the children always want to be outside so it would be beneficial if you could make sure your child comes to nursery with a sun hat, sun cream and a water bottle, all clearly labelled.
The children will be visiting Miss Pennington in P1 on Friday 11th June.
This year we will be holding our annual sports day on Wednesday 9th June, unfortunately we are unable to have any spectators but we will be posting a video/photo montage on the Nursery Facebook page. Please make sure your child comes in to nursery suitably dressed for races and games and remember a sun hat and cream.
Unfortunately we are unable to accept any cakes brought in from home at this time but we will make sure that the Birthday child bakes a cake of their own with friends to share at snack time.
We would be grateful if you could continue to make snack payments of 50p per child per day via ParentPay for the last few weeks of term. If you are having any problem with this please speak to a member of staff.
Aware of the rise in Covid cases nationally, we are continuing to be vigilant to keep everyone in our learning community safe. If your child shows any symptoms of being unwell, please do keep them at home. If anyone in the family shows symptoms of Covid-19, please follow the NHS Scotland guidance. Thank you for working with us to keep our school community safe.