What are we doing to make our school ‘the best it can be’?
The main achievements of our school over the last 12 months can be found in our “Standards and Quality Report” Edenside SIR 2022-23
In summary, our key successes over the last school year were:
- Improved teacher subject knowledge and pedagogical practices in the teaching of writing.
- Implemented a tracking system for literacy and numeracy.
- Increased use of digital technology to support learning and teaching as sharing this with our families. (ELC to P7).
- Introduced using the Zones of Regulation as part of our nurturing schools work.
- Improved our planning to ensure high quality intentional promotion and continuous provision in our Early Learning and Childcare setting.
|Areas for Improvement 2023-24|
|Short Term||Medium Term||Long Term|
|Learning, teaching and assessment including Inspire Learning.||Explore and use the cheviot Teaching and Learning Toolkit.||Familiarisation with the #SBCWay Oracy development.||Family learning plan delivered incl. use of Showbie.|
|Inclusion||Professional learning about neurodiversity and introduction of LEANS.||Enhance UNCRC work including focus on increased pupil voice and leadership.||Develop respectful relationships and anti-bullying policy in line with SBC guidelines.
Work towards nurturing Schools UK award.
|ELC||Further develop the ELC environment in the continuous provision.||Further develop sign-a long practice||Family learning plan delivered incl. use of Showbie.
Open Early years centre for 2 days a week to support families.
|Ongoing Improvements 2023-24|
|1||Refine our IDL and MAD / STEM programme, ensuring it aligns with our Curriculum Rationale and the Edenside Offer.|
|2||As a whole school, incl ELC, we are working towards a nurturing Schools UK awards.|
|3||Continue to embed the writing work we focussed on last session.|
|4||ELC – Embed planning, delivery and assessment of the intentional promotion curriculum.|
To find out more about our School Improvement Plan for 2023-24 please click the link below