Time flies when you’re having fun and there has definitely been lots of fun had this week
Highlights from this week:
- The children have really enjoyed playing table top games this week, especially the shopping list game which involves counting, recognition and memory. They have also played pairs, number games and rock scissors paper stone (with varying rules).
- It has been fascinating watching the children using the instructions cards to make models with the magnetic polydron, the children are able to see how many shapes are needed and where they need to be positioned. They are now tackling more complex models.
- We have seen lots of filling, pouring, and bubble making in the water tray this week. They have been using their fine motor skills to pick small objects up from the bottom of the tray, like sequins and buttons, with tweezers or their fingers.
- The children have been inspired by their sprouting sunflowers and Vincent van Gogh’s sunflowers painting to produce pictures of what their sunflowers will hopefully look like.
- Our bakers made a delicious chocolate cake to wish Mrs Smithson a happy last day at Edenside.
Snacks next week: Fruit and vegetable sticks are always available with morning snack.
|WEEK||Morning snack||Afternoon snack|
|Monday||Waffles and a selection of toppings||Selection of fresh fruit|
|Tuesday||Jelly/custard/angel delight||Selection of fresh fruit|
|Wednesday||Cheese and crackers||Selection of fresh fruit|
|Thursday||Toast and a selection of toppings||Selection of fresh fruit|
|Friday||Selection of fresh fruit|
The children are really enjoying their nurture room transition time and I hope you have managed to see the posts on Facebook.
On Friday 4th June the children will be visiting Mrs White in her Primary 1 classroom.
Please continue to make snack payments of 50p per child per day via Parentpay. If you are having any problem with this please speak to a member of staff.
Aware of the rise in Covid cases nationally, we are continuing to be vigilant to keep everyone in our learning community safe. If your child shows any symptoms of being unwell, please do keep them at home. If anyone in the family shows symptoms of Covid-19, please follow the NHS Scotland guidance. Thank you for working with us to keep our school community safe.
Have a lovely weekend! J
The Nursery Team