What a wonderful week, with super weather to help. It’s been yet another week full or learning, laughter and love with a particular focus on getting out and about. So far this term, most classes have been for a trip to somewhere in Kelso. Next week see’s our P6s heading to the race course and P7s off on their residential. We’ve a lot more planned and know the children will enjoy it.
What’s so amazing about Kelso?
This final term, our BIG question gets us thinking about where we live. Our youngest learners and thinking about what the leisure facilities on offer, our middle school are learning about the history of the town and our upper school are learning about the business side of life (with a particular focus on the race course). We are so lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the world with so much history and interest. Keep your eyes open for information about more trips and visits in the coming weeks.
As we start this final school term, we’ll be sharing the latest version of each classes curriculum overview, providing an insight into the core learning taking place. Look out for these next week.
For the final few weeks of this school year, Mr Bewsey will be stepping away from the day-to-day running of Edenside to support other SBC schools with their plans for the new school year. Edenside will be left in the incredibly capable hands of Mrs Pearce and the wider school leadership team. Mr Bewsey will still be in school from time to time – you can’t get rid of him that easily!
In the community
Kelso Hockey Club is keen to encourage more boys to play hockey and we are running a beginners hockey block for boys in P4-7 in the summer term. See the flyer attached for more details.
ParentSpace is a charity based in Duns set up to support parents, to come together and build a network of knowledge. They are offering 2 parenting support sessions: Parenting in the Primary years and Handling Anger in the Family (see attached flyers). To find out more and to book a place visit Home (parentspace.org.uk).
Dates for your diary
- Monday 2nd May = School closed – ‘May Day’.
- Tuesday 3rd May = School closed to pupils.
- Wednesday 4th – Friday 6th May = P7 Residential to Dukeshouse Wood adventure centre.
- Monday 6th June = P1 and P7 group photographs
- Monday 30th May = School closed. Cheviot schools holiday
- Friday 27th May = End-of-year reports home to families
- Wednesday 1st June = Parent consultations – details to follow
- Thursday 2nd June = Parent consultations – details to follow
- Friday 3rd June = School closed. Queen’s Platinum Jubilee weekend
- Wednesday 15th June = Sports Day – details to follow
- Tuesday 21st – Thursday 23rd June = P7 3 day visit to Kelso High School
- Wednesday 22nd June = ‘Meet my new teacher’ – details to follow
- Monday 27th June = P7 Graduation (PM) – details to follow
- Thursday 30th June = Last day of term