Phase 2: Rich learning
This provides planned activities and tasks to explore some new learning. We will be asking one BIG question each week and each ‘planet’ will be exploring the answers to the question in different ways. Where appropriate, the whole family will be able to explore these weekly topics together. We are using YouTube as a universally accessible platform to share learning content.
We are using the MARGE model for structuring this learning; an approach we have been developing in school. It’s a model for learning that is meant to help children (and adults) learn better! If you want to know more, here’s a brief document that explains the ‘science’.
Full details of each week’s BIG question and associated learning grids are available here…
- Week commencing 27th April 2020 > How can we help other people?
- Week commencing 4th My 2020 > What would it be like to live in Paris?
- Week commencing 11th May 2020 > How can we look after the environment?
- Week commencing 18th May 2020 > How have people in history changed the world?
- Week commencing 25th May 2020 > Who am I? Who do I want to be?
- Week commencing 1st June 2020 > What is the world like under the sea?
- Week commencing 8th June > Why do people do sports?
- Week commencing 15th June > Where does our food come from?
- Week commencing 22nd June > What memories will we treasure from this school year and what adventures await?
- Week commencing 29th June > Final farewells and celebrations then summer holidays